Oct 24, 2007

The Short Answer

Sam
hey, what are ocz like
Larry
OCZ? as in the RAM?
Sam
well, sd memory
Larry
as in, what's their reputation?
Sam
yeah
Larry
so, like, what would the general geekery and technological community have to say about the overall stability, reliabilty,and performance of said brand, on aggregate, and on the whole, ignoring any and all anedotal outliers?
Sam
yes
Larry
If I get your meaning -- and please, correct me if I'm out of order, or if I've shaded your question with the wrong intent, that is to say, flavour -- then what you would like to ascertain from me is some sort of zeitgeist surrounding OCZ and the components they make. A barometer, if you will, of the company and it's feeling of ill or goodwill among the technology enthusiast crowd. Ignoring, of
Larry
course, enthusiasts who may have rigourous and frankly shocking loyatly to, shall we say, competitors brands. What you would like to get a sketch of, in short, is an answer to this question, "Is OCZ, good?"
Sam
Yes, a simple, good or bad will suffice. I do not need a detailed and thorough discussion of the pros and cons of said brand.
Larry
So you would not want to know, for instance, if hte local dealer of OCZ certified equipment is in fact a latent homosexual with an alarming collection of burro erotica? Or that, say, their current labour policies in the RAM production field are second to none?
Sam
Whilst intrigued by the Mexican food sounds Burro, I have no idea what it is and do not feel it will influence my decision on whether or not to purchase memory from said company. Nor do i particularly care for the labour policies, as I feel my being an "EveryDay Hero" allows me certain leeway in my purchasing decisions in this regard.
Larry
They're pretty good, I guess.
Sam
thanks

No comments: