Jul 25, 2007

MSN of a higher class

Larry
can't you say "I say old man, why don't we just go for a post of tea, why not! Now, I've been lead to belive you have taken a bit of a fancy for my MacBook Pro. Now, old man, it'd be an awfully good sport of you if you'd just sod off, you know."
Larry
i've been reading some Evelyn Waugh
Larry
apparently you english folks really talked like that in WW2
Sam
Look old man, some of us chaps still do talk like that. A fine state we'd be in if we all talked the way you yanks do. No, no, that would never do. More tea?
Larry
It's a right sporting way of conversing, if I may say so myself. May I? Mayn't I? Good show then. And I think I'll have a bit more of the Darjeely if you have any. Sharp as tacks, those punjabs to make such a spot on drink as tea, dont' you think?
Sam
It certainly hits the spot. You know, I was telling Maud the other day, wasn't I Maud, you can't beat a good cup of char. Not much use for anything else those punjabs, but they make a fine cuppa, What's that Maud?
Larry
Oh Maud is always spouting about the latest thing isn't she just? Such a card she is. Now say old man, what say we take a few days off and watch the semi-qualifying rounds for the 2007 Cricket Championships. I daresay there is a new bowler for Pakistan, he's got an arm he does.
Sam
Champion idea old bean. I'll have Maud knock us up some sandwiches and a few cakes for afternoon tea and perhaps a flask of Earl Grey. I say, I don't much fancy our boys chances out there against those Pakistanis. It's the food you know.
Larry
yeah, i'm pretty sure i can't keep this up

No comments: